2019 in Review
As you might know, I track the books I read in a spreadsheet. As a matter of fact, I showed you a picture of my 2020 spreadsheet in my last post. I do this so the geek in me can spend some time at the end of the year and look at the data. Here are a few highlights:
(numbers are not exact, because I’m tallying with a week still left in 2019)
# of books started: 120
# of books finished: 115
Wondering what books didn’t hold my interest?
- One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
- The Fairer Sex by Michelle Miller
- Strange The Dreamer by Laini Taylor
- The Confidence Code by Katty Kay & Claire Shipman
- The Thinking Woman’s Guide to Real Magic by Emily Croy Barker
46% of my books were in audio format
22% were from the library
9.5% were e-books, I clearly need to dust off my kindle and show it some love!
5 were self development books
5 were re-reads
Fiction was by far the top genre, with sub groups of Historical Fiction, Women’s Fiction, Family Drama, Suspense and Humor showing up often on my list. I confess, I am not good at assigning a genre.
Total pages read: 38,582!!!!
Wondering what some of my favorite books of 2019 were? Here are some that I really enjoyed:
- Winter Garden – Kristin Hannah
- Winter Solstice – Rosamunde Pilcher
- Harry’s Trees – John Cohen
- Where the Forest Meets the Stars – Glendy Vanderah
- The Enchanted April – Elizabeth VonArnim
- The Mother-In-Law – Sally Hepworth
- The Silent Patient – Alex Michaelides
- The Gown – Jennifer Robson
- Firefly Lane – Kristin Hannah
- The Garden of Small Beginnings – Abbi Waxma
- All We Ever Wanted – Emily Griffin
Those are some impressive numbers!!
Cheers to an even better year in 2020! 🥰